ACC 2023 will promote scientific excellence in Africa through the communication and publication of and publication of the best research results and works written in original scientific articles in its conference proceedings, its book proceedings and its special issues which follow:
Types of papers
At the ACC International Conference, we aim to stimulate the exchange of new ideas and interdisciplinary perspectives on all issues related to African cities. To this end, we will accept three different types of papers:
- a. Full papers that present original and high-quality work(6 pages without references)
- b. Working papers present work in progress or new and visionary ideas(4 pages without references).
- c. Extended abstracts present existing and pre-published work (2 pages without references)
NB: Extra pages will be overcharged at CHF 10 per page and may not exceed 30% of the required number of pages for each type of paper.
Presentations & Publications
All accepted papers will be allocated a minimum slot for an oral presentation. Depending on the content and quality of the work, papers will be selected for long or short presentations.
- a. All accepted and presented conference papers will be eligible for publication in our E3S web of conference proceedings indexed in Scopus, Scimago, IET INSPEC, Ei Compendex, EBSCO, Google Scholar, CPCI (Web of Science) (Subject to acceptance - as for all proceedings journals).
- b. A category of best papers will be published in our proceedings book by Springer book GeoJournal Library (Pending confirmation) indexed in Scopus, Scimago, IET INSPEC, Ei Compendex, EBSCO, Google Scholar, CPCI (Web of Science) (Subject to acceptance - as for all proceedings journals).
We invite potential authors to send original papers that have already been finalised but also those in progress or those already published (See article types details). Authors should choose, according to their preference and the requirements of their affiliating institution, to publish their paper in the E3S web of conference proceedings or in our book to be published by the Springer book GeoJournal Library.
If you choose to publish your paper in the E3S web of conference proceedings please follow the authors' instructions given HERE. Otherwise, you can use one of the templates [Template ACC2023.docx] Word_woc-2col or [Latex template Web of Conferences A4 paper size, two columns format.zip] LATEX_woc-2col depending on the text editor you use.
If you choose instead to publish your work in the Springer book GeoJournal Library. The manuscript must follow Springer template guidelines. The manuscript must be written using one of the MS Word or LaTeX templates. The maximum number of pages in this case is 12.
Once your paper is finalized, you could first send us the pdf version through Easychair for evaluation and the source file will then be requested by our committee as needed.
We remind you once again that a strict plagiarism check will be carried out on all papers and only a similarity of max. 15% of all sources + max. 5% of one source will be tolerated. The plagiarism checker Ithenticate or Turnitin will be used to check the similarity between papers.
Each paper will be evaluated by at least two regular TCP members in two rounds of evaluations and the program chair will decide on the acceptance/review/rejection of each paper based on their feedback. Acceptance decisions will take into account the paper's novelty, technical depth, elegance, practical or theoretical impact and presentation.
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: March 30, 2023
- Camera-ready Submission: April 15, 2023
- Registration due date: April 30, 2023
- Conference date: May 23 - 24, 2023
High-quality papers may be invited to be submitted to one of our special issues in the following list depending on the theme of the paper and its ranking in the order of quality. The authors of the selected papers will be invited after the conclusion of the conference steering committee and their papers extended according to the percentage required by the special issue will be subjected to a regular submission and review process. Our Special Issues include but are not limited to the following:
- Sustainability (MDIPI) for the Special Issue "Digital Transition of African Cities in the Era of Sustainable Development Goals
- City and Environment Interactions (Elsevier) indexed Scopus, Web of Sciences and moreover.
- Data & Policy (Waiting to be posted online) indexed Web of Science and moreover.
- African Cities Journal
- More to be posted soon!
- Jérôme Chenal, CEAT, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Stéphane C. K. Tékouabou, Center of Urban System CUS, UM6P, Benguérir, Morocco
- Rike Sitas, African Centre for Cities, Cape Town, South Africa